Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Grace R- Staircase

This picture was taken of February 20, 2019 with my Panasonic DMC-FZ70. It was taken on a bright, overcast day, and it had just rained the night before. That way I was able to capture the reflections of the buildings under the staircase. This picture was taken on the top of a parking garage in downtown Birmingham. I edited it by cropping and using the NIK Collection Silver Efex filter. I like the reflections in the water and the contrast between the dark staircase and the sky. I would have liked to get more buildings in the background.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool image! I really like the fact that the staircase looks huuuuge because of your angle. I do agree with the black and white contrast. It makes it very unique looking.

Anonymous said...

this is a really good picture using different techniques. U reeky like both the foreground and the background. In the background, you can clearly see the reflection of the buildings on the water. The stairs also is a use of leading lines which directs your view towards a different point. Over all I think that you made a good decision to make this picture black and white and I really like it, yet if you had cropped it differently you could achieve a harder look on the stairs.

M.V.
HHS

Anonymous said...

This picture is really amazing. I really like the sharpness, clarity and also the angle of the picture. The reflection and the NIK Collection Silver Efex filer looks pretty cool. I don't think so you need to change anything in this picture. Great Job!