Thursday, December 8, 2016

Heath M- Sunset on the Smokies

This photo is titled “Sunset on the Smokies” and was taken at the Ocoee Retreat Center in Tennessee as the sun was setting behind the mountains. I edited this picture by cropping, painting, and using the eyedropper tool to make the red’s in the image stand out more. I really liked taking this picture because I got to hang out with my friends and watch the sun set. Overall, I believe that I could have made this picture better by doing something to the bush that is left of the model so as to make it not stand out as much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture because the person is still the main subject, but then the sunset draws some of the attention away creating a nice affect. There is a nice mood to this picture because of the warm colors. My only critique would be maybe if you made the picture as a whole brighter more detail could be seen. Really nice job on this picture bringing out the colors.
Anna Grace L- HHS

Anonymous said...

This picture is beautiful! I love the color of the sky captured in this image. I like the bright orange and blue sky with the dark mountains. The exposure is perfect and has a nice balance. The sunsetting creates a peaceful mood. It makes me feel relaxed. Also, this picture has a deep depth of field. There is an orangish cast to the image.

- Lindsey F HHS

Anonymous said...

This photo is beautiful! I really enjoy the contrast of the clouds in to the warm orange. The focus on the guy is really well along with using the "rule of thirds". The mood is very relaxed in this photo. Overall I really like this photo. - Landon H HHS